Saturday, December 6, 2008

Zombies, and hand prints

I woke up at around 9:00 on Friday but i decided to keep on sleeping because i knew the day was going to suck. i woke up later at 12:00 and just sat in my bed for about an hour. One of the real differences that i saw in what i do is that i did things allot slower. I ate four bowls of Cookie Crisp, and took a forty minute shower to start my day. That was the best part of my day. The rest was spent walking around the house aimlessly and occasionally sitting down for about twenty minutes at a time. Nearly every thing i did that day was measured in minutes. At around 4:00 i realized i could make hand prints in the living room carpet, so that's what i did. I covered the entire living room in hand prints, then when i was done, destroyed them all with my foot.
Later in the day i got out my airsoft gun and pretended that the house was overrun by zombies. I barricaded myself I'm by room and aimed my gun at the door, then later zombies exploded into the room and i opened fire aimlessly. I went running from room to room trying to kill all the zombies until the finally managed to pin me. With my last dying breath i pulled out a grenade, pulled the pin, and help it sending all the zombies back to hell. At 6:00 my dad got home from work and i thought things would start going by faster but he only made it worse. He didn't seem to understand that i couldn't watch TV. My mom would be in one room watching HG TV and my dad would be in the living room watching History. I would have to go into my room just to be away from the television, by i could still here it through the walls. It was so hard trying to not pay attention to how insulation works, or the fun little facts Modern Marvels gives before going to commercials. It was at that point I decided to just go to Target, and get the groceries at HEB to pass the time. That took up a good two hours before i got back and i decided to go to bed early at 9:00. I couldn't. My routine was always to either play games or watch TV until 2:00 AM then go to bed. I tossed and terned for hours until finally going to sleep, at no surprise, 2:00 AM. That had to have been the most boring day ive had in years.

2 comments:

Albert Lopez said...

Nice post! Despite how boring you think your day was, I think it was very interesting how you coped with it. A good imagination such as the one you have is hard to keep down, and I'm glad to hear that being deprived from media didn't deprive you of imagining a video game come to life in your house.

Anonymous said...

yea i know exactley what inspired you to fight the "horde"..lol....wink wink