Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 2 sucked.

Well despite me actually enjoying my day friday, Saturday stunk. It didn't really have anything to do with the media project, but that definitely didn't help the day suck less. I woke up, went to work, dealt with the usual annoying customers, and then came home to an empty house. My shift was only 5 hours long so it didn't really help the day pass by. I was sitting on my couch, staring at the tv (it was off) trying to decide what to do. Of course there were finals to study for... but like always I decided that I still had plenty of time to study later (now I'm cramming for tomorrow). Utterly bored, I decided I was gonna go see what my friend was up to. I go into the bathroom to change and it looks like someone drained a whole tub on the floor.

Apparently the neighbors kid decided to flush a whole roll of toilet paper. The result was a flood so large it was seeping through my walls and flooding my house. Disgusting. I didn't know this however, all I knew was that my bathroom was under 3 inches of water and that it was seeping into the bedroom quickly. So I desperately start gathering every towel I have and calling maintenance. They arrive and inform me the neighbors had a plumbing issue, and the water I was now drenched in was the guys toilet water. hooray. 3 hours later the carpet and bathroom have been cleaned by maintenance and I've cleaned up. It was definitely not fun, but at least I didn't even have a chance to get bored and think about using the Internet.

The rest of the day passed uneventful. My boyfriend and I decided to try the camp out again, but it wasn't as fun the second time and I ended up really sore this morning from sleeping on the floor.

In the end, I'm glad to have mass media in my life. I didn't feel as withdrawn and cut off as some people I know would have, but it was a little inconvienant. I missed listening to the radio the most. I like to listen to music when I clean, and it definitly made it harder to clean up the neighbors toilet water without any music. Mass media is such a mixed blessing, it absorbs so much time in your life. At the same time though it also fill up your time when you're bored or lonely.

1 comment:

Albert Lopez said...

Sorry to hear about your "soggy" day, Stephanie. I hope those neighbors of yours know how it affected you and will offer some kind of apology.