Saturday, December 6, 2008

day 1 of pure torture

So when we were assigned this project I didn’t think that going forty-eight hours with out music internet or television was going to be this hard. I had no idea what kind of day I was in for. This is how my first day of torture went from beginning to end.

I normally wake up to old r & b hits playing, but today I would have no such luck. I had to wake up to that loud annoying buzzer that everyone loathes. The loud buzz coming from my alarm clock was so loud that I couldn’t go back to sleep even if I wanted to. I soon realized that my day was only going to be along and dreadful one. When I drive I always blast what ever song is playing on my ipod well as I drove to lackland air force base it felt as if I was driving for twenty minutes in the drowning silence. To top of the driving I had to work out in silence. when I work out I listen to music so that I'm not concentrating on how much I’m lifting or how tired I am. I am focused on what song is playing not the burning sensation in my muscles. That does even include how much I depend on my ipod to get me through my interval exercise on the cross trainer. I had to go to the shoppete to get a monster energy shot just to get me through the cardio. The only thing worse that not use my ipod is not being able to listen to the television that is playing right in front of my face. Watching something without being able to hear what's going on is worse.

After leaving the gym I went to the hospital to talk to a family friend just to kill some time that I would be spending in silence. This is the only day that I was actually looking forward to going to class and math class at that. I killed a little over an hour but it felt like only a few minutes before I was trapped in my car for my ten minute drive home but felt like twenty in my dungeon on wheels. Once I got home I took my time showering, brushing my teeth and doing my hair. Thankfully I wasn’t going home after class. I went to my boyfriends house until I was tired enough to fall asleep.

My first day with out media was unbearable. I am most definitely not looking for ward to tomorrow. It’s a good thing we don’t need media in our sleep.

No comments: