Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 2

Yesterday seemed a lot worse than Friday. I did not have to go in to work until 5 and I had absolutely nothing to do. My phone once again was going off, but I did not check it because my friends are stupid and they don't remember the text I sent them on Thursday night. My dad however was not that great of help because we were in the car yesterday and all of a sudden he turns the radio on. So like a good student I turned it off and then he said that just because I had to do this project does not mean he has to suffer as well so needless to say he turned the radio back on. I was angry because he was not helping me, but at the same time I was happy because I got to listen to music. Then without even realizing it I was watching t.v. I mean I did not even do it on purpose and it was not even a good show, but I guess because I haven't watched anything that I was desperate to see something. I am just glad that this is finally over. It was a good experience because it does show you that we cannot live without these materialistic things but at the same time it felt good to check my myspace this morning. I felt like I was cut off from civilization and that I was missing out on everything that was happening. I was so pissed off for these past two days just because I could not text on my cell phone. These are things that we do not necessarily need in life, but at the same time you can't live without them. They bring me so much joy in my life and without the media there would be nothing to do. What am I supposed to do go hiking in the woods? I would rather be on the internet all day then do that. I think that media gives us an outlet and without that outlet we feel lost. The worst part about this was I had my whole family rubbing it in my face about how I basically could not have fun. It was an overall great learning experience, but I would never do it again.

No comments: