Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day 1, of my solitude and desperation

Media deprivation, piece a cake or so I thought. Since I had gotten a little head start from my fellow class mates by not purchasing a T.V. for my apartment when i moved in June. Got up super early to go to work at 5:30am. Got to work had to get online to clock in. Since I work in the middle of nowhere, and a lot times when there aren't any students in the Camp(Army base), I have absolutely nothing to do so I read the news paper. I read for about 3 hours that is USA today and San Antonio Express Newspaper without any interruptions. Around 12:00 my great super friendly Air Force co-workers came in to the office to ask me if I wanted to help them put MREs inside a storage connex, me having nothing to do I agreed. Boy that was a bad idea! The humping of 5pound boxes continued for about 1hour and deep breathing-fat boy breaks in between. The time passed by so quickly because of me making fun of one my co-workers and making jokes on how he looks a lot like Danny Devito when he played the Penguin on Batman. And warning my other co-workers to not talk crap about BACON in front of him. At 2:00 pm one of my other co-workers comes in to work and says he has a movie for me to watch and me having completely forgotten about this Media deprivation causing desperation project. After 20 minutes I stopped watching the Bucket List and began doing back flips off the wall to punish myself for making that mistake. Back flips help me appreciate life better. At 4:00 pm I got off of work nearly hit a dear and waited for 2minutes while a group of Turkeys crossed the street and enjoyed the view of the Dominion with their beautiful lights radiating out of their expensive light bulbs. Not being able to listen to the radio was very difficult, I had never realized how noisy my car was. Didn't realize how much I cursed, and was surprised how my brain was a lot like the radio by me singing so loud and switching from song to song every so often just like how I change the radio stations to find a new song. I already don't have a T.V. so that wasn't a big problem ,but let me talk about how great that has been for me. I can sit in the middle of a crowded room filled with noisy people with a book in hand and reading without being distracted, never been able to do that. The rest of night was filled with chores because I have to drill for the Navy reserves on Saturday and Sunday, had to shine shoes, iron my uniforms, and so on and so on, if I had a girlfriend Id make her do all that , just kidding. After all that I went out for a 5mile nightly run without my headphones , which was very difficult for me. The whole time I was talking to myself , trying to give myself some motivation since this Media deprivation causing desperation project took it away from me. Anyway I went to bed around 9:00pm. For me, this wasn't all that bad, since I've learned to appreciate everything I have during my deployments to the Middle East and to use what I have to do what i have to do. Thank goodness I got through the first day.Now I can write songs of deprivation and desperation at least about Media.
By the mighty vitello loving fellow: Joaquin O. Tello

No comments: