Sunday, December 7, 2008

Part Deux!

So I went on to continue my project today. It was just as lame as it was yesterday. I thought I was going to go insane in the membrane. This project made me realize all of the different things I can do without a cell phone, a computer, or a TV set. I was able to spend a lot more time with my girlfriend. She was nice enough to play along when it came to not using any form of multimedia. Every time I got a call on the cell phone, I was able to ignore it. The same went for text messages. I also went up to my grandmother's house for some lunch. I don't get to see her a whole lot, so it was really cool being able to hang out with her and the rest of the family. We had a lot to talk about, which is strange because even when we DO talk on the phone, we never bring up the subjects and stories that we do when we all were hanging out in person. I guess this was one of the little gifts of giving up a lazy lifestyle of modern technology. And as of yesterday, I did not invite friends over for my little "No electricity" party because I could not use my cell phone. I figured it would take too long to write them a letter so i just called the whole thing off. Instead, I sucked it up, and went on for one more day of boring. I went to work again, and my manager looked at me and laughed. He knew what I was doing. I'm sure he could tell the project was still going by the look on my face. I looked like a zombie who needed his fix. I was losing it! After a barely survived work, I ran home as quickly as I could (right now) and came to the computer to update my blog and end this madness of a project. Sorry I did not update this any earlier, I got out of work a little late, but it's time for me to call it a night and wrap up this whole thing. I'VE GOT SOME WEB SURFIN AND TEXT MESSAGES AND PHONE CALLS TO MAKE! I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I had fun. See you guys in class. We've got a lot to talk about. -Chad!

No comments: