Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day One

I started the day out as usual. Halfway through my drive to work I realized I had been listening to the radio. It did not take long for me to break the rules. After realizing this I turned it off and it seemed the rest of the ride took forever. My roommate, who I give I give rides to, was not too happy about this either. Other than the car rides the day went pretty smooth. I spent most of the day at work and instead of surfing the internet like I usually do I took a book with me, although it was still very tempting to open the internet browsers. It did not help that Fridays are usually our slowest days but once I got into the book the time flew by. Once I got home I was able to use the project as a way to stop procrastinating and to do my government project. It is an online class and we have to read each other’s research papers and review them. Not so bad except each one is about 6-7 pages long and there is about 25 people in the class. I have had two weeks to do it but I always like to wait till the last day for some reason. I was able to get quite a few done before going to bed. On a normal day I would flip between homework and a computer game and ultimately not getting anything done. Overall Friday was not too bad. I can attribute this to work and being able to sleep the day away. Friday is my typical ‘catch up on sleep day.’ If anything it made me more productive. I was able to get most of my work done and read quite a bit on a book I have had for a while now. The biggest problem I have to say would be driving without the music. I felt like I was going on a trip with my grandparents all over again. There is a reason I would take my own car. I do not think I could have been able to stay with it if I had to go a long distance. I must have spent twenty minutes at most but that was enough to drive me mad. I found I was speeding more in order to get to my destination. But at the end of the day I felt this project did not affect me as much as what I thought it would, well until today…..
-Eric Webster

No comments: