Saturday, December 6, 2008

Deprived of media

It was not as hard for me to neglect the internet as it was for other forms of media. This is mostly due to the fact that my internet at home is not working right now and will not be fixed until monday. As such, I had to venture out to family and friends' houses to complete the end of the semester assignments that are sadisiticly handed down by professors to make lives harder (just kidding.) What makes all of this even worse, but distracts me from media at the same time is that i am dealing with loads of stress right now from my own misdoings. As a result, I have had less time to dwell on the fact that I am deprived of media and more time to dwell on my own personal problems brought upon by my own decisions. Also helping me through this time is work. Work has taken up much of my weekend hours, and has played a significant role in abstaining from media. Although we have internet usage at work, I have only used it for business and school related purposes. The hardest time I have had with this situation of media deprevation is the lack of cell phone use. I have become dependent on my cell phone even though I am not one to talk on the phone. It makes my ear hot and my arm sore. But I am frequently using cellphones for quick purposes such as finding out "when and where" sort of things, whether it be checking in with the parents and updating them on what I am doing, or finding out what all my friends are doing and where the party is at. Television has not been a problem for me either for the most part. I do not really watch television that much as it is. However, I was most desperatly wanting to watch the Delahoya/Paquio fight tonight. That hurt me the most. My friends got to watch it and i feel like i missed out. Although, this final project may seem easier than an academic final which requires studying and a retaining of knowledge, it is very hard to refrian from viewing my favorite sports. Radio has also been an issue. I usually turn on my radio without conscience thought when I enter my car, and I did so this weekend. But I caught myself and turned it off. That was the other hardest aspect. Without music to listen to at the gym and the lack of sports viewing has made me somewhate irritable, but i will prevail and have found this blogging helpful in venting. Those are my thoughts for Saturday. May the rest of yall be staying strong.

No comments: