Saturday, December 6, 2008

friday media project

Media Project

On Friday I started my first day on media depravation. I received my first text message at about ten a.m. I did respond but it was brief. As the morning continued I found myself extremely bored. Not only was I sort of stuck in the dark, but I was feeling sick as well, so I was also in bed. The only thing keeping me somewhat entertained was the sounds of court TV in the other room. At about twelve in the afternoon, I left my room in search of food. This was a better experience than normal, due to the video stimulus in the room. Sometime after 3 my girlfriend came over she was feeling sick herself but wanted to spend some time with me. We ended up talking for awhile, and I actually engaged into a conversation about more than just the usual. After about an hour she had about enough of sitting around. She turned on my television and started watching TV. I basically eyed the screen for about an hour or two. It was really impossible to look away. Every time I heard something shocking or interesting, I had to look. It was like checking out a wreck on the highway, I had no control. As the time passed I began to feel somewhat guilty, so I had her shut off the Television. During this time it seemed like everyone I’ve ever met wanted to text message me. I would respond to the important ones and neglect the chains and forwards. I’m pretty confident a few people are upset with me right now. I started to feel worse so I passed back out for some time. When I woke, I found her listening to an IPod. This really helped because I could hear every song. After awhile I left to grab some dinner. Feeling a little better, I ate with my parents. They were watching television, and we all talked for awhile. It seemed like the less time I spent living in the 20 century, the more I wanted to sleep or talk. It’s kind of odd, I imagine this is what it’s like to be in the hole when you’re in prison. As the night comes to an end, I know I’ve wasted a day. I would like to go out but I’m just not feeling that great. Then it hits me, I think I hate my instructor for this. Just kidding…

FRIDAY

No comments: