Monday, December 8, 2008

Ridiculous

Ok so it's Monday evening and right before class and I'm finally blogging about the media deprivation project. It was difficult, and I'll admit I did not make it the first day. The first thing I did on Friday morning was get up and turned on the radio while I was taking a shower and half way through I realized crap I can't be listening to this. So after I got out I went and turned it off and made myself breakfast, and all I could think about while I was eating was I wonder what is on TV. I finally had to leave the house and go for a run because it felt like all the forms of media in my house were tormenting me. I got home and was sitting on the couch bored out of my mind. I picked up the phone and dialed my friend just to chit chat and realized I couldn't do that either. It was about 3 pm on Friday and I finally just said screw it I can't do this anymore and I put in a movie, ok actually 3 movies and called my friend and told her to come over. Afterwards I felt kind of bad about breaking the rules and watching the movies and using the phone. So for the rest of the night I sat around and actually thought about people who don't have these sort of "lifelines" and what they do without them. Alot of people don't know what it is like to go forty eight hours without tv, radio, or their cell phones, they don't know how difficult it is. Before I went to bed on Friday night I told myself that Saturday would be different and that I would try really hard not use any forms of media

No comments: