Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chad's Bad Experience.

Well, today (err, yesterday) I started my project. I was totally motivated to give it a shot, hoping it would be fun and exciting. I was all wrong. First I wake up and go to work. I told my manager "Sir, I have a problem. I'm doing a final project for my multimedia class and the assignment is to see how long I can go without using my cell phone, internet or anything of that sort." This is a great problem since my job is to receive questions from citizens of the U.K. and look it up on THE INTERNET and provide them with an answer. My manager looked at me funny, and asked if this was a joke. I told him no and showed him the paper we had with all the information about the project. He said "Well, Chad, I have another assignment for you. Let's see how long you can go without getting paid." He burst into laughter as I was upset that I still had to work. I don't know what I was thinking - as if my job were to pay me for nothing. But I made the choice to continue working. Other than that, I did my best to continue not using my special devices. It was horrible. Could not call my mom, dad, or girlfriend. I had to actually go to them to speak with them. I know, it sounds horrible, but it was a sacrifice i had to make. My poor aching legs couldn't take so much walking. Like the prof said, this situation made me get out a lot more than usual. I'm thinking about just trying to sleep through it. It makes time go by a lot faster. Until out multimedia nazis give us our right of internet back, I'm living in the past. Maybe I can make it funner and invite a bunch of friends over. But instead of no internet or phone, I'll take it to the extreme and see how long we can go without electricity. This should be fun. We'll have to use candles, flashlights, and whatever else we can think of. Maybe even a fire to keep us warm. I wonder how everyone else is doing. Maybe the rest of the class will join me in my ancient times experiment. It makes me wonder how people in the past survived from boredom. Well, gotta get back to my second day of hell. Until then, I'll catch you guys on the flip-flop. Tune in next time. HAVE FUN EVERYONE! - Chad K

No comments: