Monday, December 8, 2008

I was so close

Sunday 10:21 am.
I cracked!!!!! I was doing so good too. I tried my hardest and stuck it out as long as I could. I thought I was going to be able to make it seeing that I had to go to work on Saturday and was going to be there until midnight. But it happened. I got into my car after work and turned on the radio forgetting I was still media deprived. I have no clue what made me think I was finished with the project maybe it was the fact that I was answering the phone at my work all day. Granted answering the phone is no talking to your best friend but it still gives you a chance to sneak in a little conversation with the associates from the other store. When the project first started I thought I was not going to be able to do the talking on the phone or text messaging thing. But little do I know it was the radio that kicked my butt. Saturday morning I woke up and started putting on the Christmas lights outside. After two hours of holding lights and nailing them to the roof I went inside to eat some menudo that my mom made before I started to get ready for work. After doing my daily routine of showering and getting dressed it was off to work for me. Getting to work I knew that the media deprivation project was out the window because my job revolves around the phone and the computer. During my lunch break I got the urge to text one of my best friend Samantha but resisted and went to eat lunch with my friend Julio considering it was his last day working with me : ( Well we went to Jack in the Box and talked until it was time to go back to work he asked why I was not turning on the radio and I told him about my project. It was at that moment that I knew my life revolved around media when he told me “wow and you’ve lasted this long already”. The rest of my day was a big blur between the complaining customers and the messy shoe boxes. After punching out I could not wait to get home and just relax. I got inside my car and thought “why is the radio off?” I turned it on and began jamming out to Beyonce the whole way home. It was when I turned off my car and grabbed my books that I realized I just broke the rule of not listening to the radio.

No comments: