Saturday, December 6, 2008

What a day!

Well, on Friday, I woke up early to take my mom, who is in a wheelchair, to an appointment with the doctor. I forgot the deprivation started today, but even though I forgot, I did not do anything that would jeopardize my assignment. I was away from the house most of the day.
After waking up, I got my son and I dressed, ate breakfast, and left to my mom’s house. When we arrived, I didn’t have time to chit chat because we were already running a little late, and we also had to make one more stop to pick up my sister. I serve as “the ride” since my sister does not have a vehicle at this time. My son is a wild child, so I will not take my mom and take him without someone else being there to assist me with her or him. Sounds crazy I know, and it is, but you don’t know my son.
As we headed for the doctor office, we gossiped as we always do. I always turn the radio off when gossiping so I am able to hear the good stuff, but I also kept hearing this beep sound.
At the appointment, there was a television playing in the background, but with my son there, I wasn’t even able to sit down for five minutes. While my mom and sister were in the back room, I took my son walking up and down the hallway, to the bathroom, and even to the pharmacy where they usually have goodies. I had to amuse him for an hour before my mom was done with her appointment. Then my cell phone goes off for the first time that day! It’s my husband so you know I have to answer it, but as I do, the phone dies! I now realize that this was the beep sound I heard in the car. So, I am left without a cell phone for the rest of the day. Yes,I did get in trouble.
Well, when the end of the appointment arrived, I thought I was taking them straight home afterwards, but found out they needed me for another errand. I told them I had made plans to meet my husband for lunch since I would be on the same side of town as his work place. So, they asked to be dropped off at this Mexican restaurant so they can have lunch while I went to have lunch with my husband. I was to pick them back up after I was done, and I did. We then left to make other errands, and finished our day after dropping them off at home around 3:30pm. I did not get home until 4 o’clock, and I did check my email at that time. I found a message from my daughter who lives in Washington State. In her message she tells me that she needs money. What a surprise! Anyway, so the next thing I do is leave the house again. I go to HEB to western union this other wild child some money. It doesn’t take me long, but when I get home, me and my son take the longest knap. When my husband gets home, he tells me to get ready because he is taking us to dinner. So, again, I find myself leaving the house. At the restaurant, there was music playing in the background that I found pleasing. Oh, and my husband did turn the radio off in the truck. Not because of my assignment, but because he wanted to "talk". About what? I don't know. I was staring into space. After finally getting home, I began to do the house chores I wasn’t able to do all day. I didn’t even have time to exercise today. What a day!
written by, Patricia Leija

1 comment:

Albert Lopez said...

Wow, your day was filled with outside activity, namely driving from this place to that place. Your day sounds like it was more time-deprived than media-deprived!