Sunday, December 7, 2008

It was still in the morning and I was already off to a bad start. When I woke up, I planned to continue my book, form the day before, at the park but quickly realized I forgot it at work. I work only about 2-3 miles away from my house so it was not a big deal to drive over there to pick it. When I got there apparently I had won movie tickets Friday in some drawing that I was unaware of. Fine, I can just go to the movies next weekend. When I arrived back to my house I check the mail and not only did my three movies from Netflix come in but also my video game from my GameFly subscription. Already everything was playing against me with this project. Not to mention it was a little cold to go to the park. I decided not give in, well for the first couple of hours. I decided to watch a film, it would be cheating but it would only be for two hours were as playing my game could last the rest of the night. After the movie to keep away from the temptation to put the next DVD into the player I called a friend up to come over for dinner. For the rest of the night we sat around the table with a few bottles of my favorite Riesling wine. Despite the bad start it ended quite nicely. While I did find myself cheating a couple of times I did stick to the rules for the most part. As I started this project I figured it would be easy, after all I have never been one for Television and such things but I soon realized how much I actually used them in my life. I do not think I would have lasted the whole 100 hours as the original plan was. 48 were more than enough to find how much my life revolves around mass media.
-Eric Webster

No comments: