Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 2 Hoorah

Saturday sucked for me not just because I couldn't listen to the radio but because I had to work for 12 hours doing office work at the reserve center at Fort Sam. It felt like an eternity at work because the work was so boring. Anyway I had to get up super early to go to work. I made it to work around 5:30AM and began taking muster of all the people in my unit. I was busy until about 11:30 and went to lunch at BAMSI. I spent the whole day trying to track people down ,delegate and do paper work. The funny thing is that, to do my paper work I had to get on the LAN and by doing that I had to use a computer. There was no other way I could have completed my job assignments without using a computer. After all that I drove home trying to cope with all the ridiculously slow drivers in San Antonio, it was driving me crazy. Without the radio I have come to notice a lot of things I did not notice before, like signs and billboards. I also pay a lot more attention to my driving and everyone else's driving on the road and its very annoying. I got home and had so many phone calls from my cousin and finally I called him and asked him what he wanted. He asked me if I was going to his house to watch the fight. I agreed but I didn't watch the fight, I left before it started. So I didn't know who won the fight until just a few minutes ago. I just talked to people at the party about my media deprivation project. Many thought it would be interested and thought about trying it themselves. I was like, what a bunch of nut cases. I ended up taking a whole bunch of snacks home with me. I guess if I wouldn't have been so busy I would have felt the deprivation of media in my life a little more because it wasn't so bad for me. This project really has helped me notice my environment a whole lot more, and has helped me appreciate the small things we as a society take for granted, like being able to listen to radio on our way to work to be entertained while waiting in boring traffic.
From the great jello loving fellow: Joaquin O. Tello

No comments: