Saturday, December 6, 2008

24 hours...and Counting


Today was a new day and I only needed less than 24 hours to survive this depravation. Though I don’t believe the depravation really had much of an effect on me because as I mentioned on my last blog, I work at an entertainment store where I’m surrounded by music and movies. In fact most of my Saturday was spent at work however, today I wasn’t quite as excited to listen to the music since my manager popped in some Christmas music in the CD player. Usually within the first couple minutes I get tired of listening to all the holly jolly holiday music only because customers seem to always kill the spirit with such rudeness.

After a long day of being on register at work, I headed over to Gamestop to buy my brother Mortal Kombat vs. DC for his birthday. He’s wanted that game for over a year so I decided to get it for him. As I was surrounded by people playing games in every corner, I felt like jumping in for a bit to play a quick demo but instead walked over to the PS3 games. Next to the register there were these two kids playing Guitar Hero World Tour, which really got me tempted to play because I’ve wanted to buy that game since it has a better playlist of songs. But then came a voice telling me not to so I stepped away and decided to wait a few more minutes till my boyfriend got out.


We left to my house and had a small get together for my brother’s birthday with a couple of old friends. We began by eating some pizza from Little Caesars, which had us stuffed that it was pretty hard to leave some room for cake and ice cream. After we sung my brother opened his gifts, which may have been a bad idea because he immediately wanted to play the game I had bought him. The rest of the night I was pretty bummed out that I couldn’t play any games because I could overhear my brother and his friends from the other room playing Mortal Kombat and Rock band. My best friend Maddie decided to stick around and look over through yearbooks to talk about the good ole’ fun days we spent together. The night turned out to be a pleasant one and I can finally say I survived 48 hours without any type of media involvement.

No comments: