Monday, December 8, 2008

couldnt be better

Day two of media deprevation. Thought i would give into using my media but turned out i was occupied again and it wasnt necessary. Im never home anyways, always out with friends, so i still didnt feel the need to make unecessary phone calls or sit on my butt and watch a film. Now if i was sick i think this project would have been a little harder, but luckily i wasnt. In a way im glad that im not drawn to those things when i get bored , i just go walk my dogs or find something to clean. Now thats a way to stay occupied. I woke up saturday morning and helped set up my friends christmas tree and a bunch of decorations. I love getting into the spirit with those old school fat lights you put on your roof. Man it really feels like xmas. I techically gave in when i took a break and they had " Mrs. Doubtfire" playing on their tv, ( couldnt help it ) but i didnt press the button so im not at fault :]. After that i just took a nap overwelmed with a hangover from the night before. Taking up the rest of my afternoon, i awoke to a phone call which i didnt take. But only becuase i didnt feel like yapping to someone on the phone lol. I still needed to relax so i took my kids (pitbulls)as my friends mom calls it, on a walk and took a smoke break with the fam. They dont have internet at their house or a computer or cell phones ( not kidding in any way) so i didnt find it hard at all! as long as i am entertained, i dont need media. What ever happened to the days when someone would come looking for you at your door instead of calling? NOBODY used to use cell phones so why now, why is it so important. Convienient yes, but it takes alot of meaning out of it when your not meeting in person to discuss things. but as usual the world progresses and we all somehow have to tagalong. This experience showed me that i dont need to rely on these such things and that yeah there is a world out there without using media of any sort. I found this assignment to be easy just another guidline that helped me get around without media, In all i barely cheated and had a good time without it.

No comments: