Sunday, December 7, 2008

Saturday...a little bit easier.

Hey
It's Carmen again! I can't believe the site just did this to me. My request took too long and so they told me to hit the back button and I did. It erased everything. I am so upset. It took a great deal of thought to write that last post. I put my heart into it. Anyways. My Saturday was a pretty busy day. I did not really have the time to think about and use media. My mind was too occupied with More important things. The only media I was exposed to was at work and in the morning, where I had to put on the TV for my son. I was busy with other things though.

The project was pretty easy. It just felt weird to not listen to music in my car because I am used to that. it keeps me company. I did not text or answer text very much. I only did it if I needed to. I was not on the phone very much. I was constantly thinking about who was calling or text me because I did not have anything else to do on my spare time when I was alone. It is OK though. I survived. I think media is important to us because without it, we really would not have a life. We would be dependent on someone else's entertainment. We survive on media. Media is like a drug to some people, they do not know what to do without it and they get side effects that are not really necessary for a normal human being to experience. I feel sorry for the class that had to go practically a week without media, but I think it would be fun to experience it. I know some people might think I am weird by now because I'm saying this but in all honesty, we are all adults here. We need to be mature about the situation and think about other things to fill up our time rather than some fool trying to argue with a DJ on the radio. I think this project should be practiced for years to come. It is a good base to start at. There are some people out there that do not even have a form of Media by them or in their home and they are perfectly fine without it. I love media and I know myself, that I would not appreciate going months without media. That's my story and I am sticking to it. I hope everyone had a wonderful two days without media. Peace be with YOU!
Carmen Dianne Retief

No comments: