Thursday, December 11, 2008

The day the earth stood still..

Well..more like the day everything went slow as hell. This weekend's experience was something especially out of the ordinary. No talking to my peeps and hoeskis, no watching television when already bored, no Xbox 360, and absolutely no music! I already knew before i began this test of endurance (yes it was a boredom endurance test) that it would be difficult. Then i found out that my lovely job at Game Crazy hadn’t scheduled me all weekend! Usually i would be very excited to have an entire weekend off. But with out the mass media in my life i actually would have preferred to work with the one thing i couldn’t do on my own time for once, be around video games and electronics. So Friday night, my last night of fun lasted until early Saturday morning. I did not start this exercise until i actually woke up from whenever i went to sleep so around 7:00am Saturday, i was still up playing a new game a purchased "Left 4 Dead" an exciting zombie shooter. Finally i was asleep and didn’t wake till around 3pm so lucky for me the day was already passing me by. But of course the rest of the day was just dreadful. Unfortunately i had already finished reading a book i had purchased a week before "The Mystery Method", a book about pick up artist and to be honest actually works when tested on the field! =). So there i was just sitting on my couch looking at the ceiling. I felt like actually sitting in a closet in the dark just sitting and make a endurance test out of it almost as if it were a David Blaine special on TV pushing his bodies to the limits, well there i was pushing my boredom to the limits with bags under my eyes and everything! But instead of Bobby Deleon's special "Closet of Doom" i helped my grandparents put of Christmas lights. To my surprise i wasn’t that bad at all, as it made time go by pretty fast plus i was up on their roof and was able to scream "I'M BORED SOMEBODY HELP ME". My grandpa told me to STFU and i got down so i wouldn’t make the neighbors think im the crazy guy on the street. Afterwards putting up lights i went out to eat with some friends at CI CI"S PIZZA and then found out that i would have to cheat in this mass media diet. I just had to play the Simpsons arcade game. I've been playing that game for years and being the gamer i am i just had to cheat for ten minutes. By the time i ate and was done chillin with the friends i tried to go to sleep. It being 10pm i was still widely awake due to the fact i didn’t wake up till 3 but to my luck i was able to pass out. The next morning was Sunday, the day god created Football. I knew when I awoke that there was no way in hell I was going to miss a huge monsters Cowboys game. I knew I would last till the Cowboys game, which was a 3:15 kickoff, so I decided to go play some basketball at Home Court America with some friends around Noon. That made time go by extremely fast and enjoyed playing the sport I had grown up with and have not done much of as of late. Of course I was rusty in the beginning but soon found my shot back in it was buckets after that! Afterwards I boogied back to my house, showered, changed and went to go watch the Cowboys at a friend’s house. It parents bar be qued and it was nice to take a break from the project for about 4 hours. Sadly the Cowgirls lost thanks to Tony Homo and the offense and I was pissed off so we had a couple beers and went outside to play some basketball again because I figured that would not only make time go by quick, but take my mind of the football game. By the time I returned home it was already dark outside and was nearing the end of the endurance test. My iPod was dead when I began the weekend so I figured I’d just charge it and get it ready for midnight so I can blast the hell out of my speakers. Around 10 or so I received a phone call from a friend to go play Xbox 360 and by then I was already done with it so I went over and cheated for the last time! Luckily we played till after midnight so it really was my last time cheating. Even though this weekend wasn’t too much fun for being off of work, I did enjoy playing basketball which I believe really got me through it all.

No comments: