Saturday, December 6, 2008

Not what I thought it would be!

My day yesterday was somewhat normal. My having to be absent from all forms of media was somewhat cushioned by the fact that on Thursday of this week I was home all day with the stomach flue and all there was to do was watch television and sleep. By the time Friday rolled around I was quite ready to take a brake from the nonsense that I watched the previous day. On Friday morning I woke up at about seven o'clock and got up to get ready for work. This was a bit challenging since I like to listen to music or flip on the T.V. while I'm getting ready. Let me tell you it was so quiet! I just started to sing and hum a bit just to keep myself from going crazy. I never really realized how much music surrounds my day to day activities. After I got ready I walked out to get in my car and go to work and as soon as I got in I turned the radio off (which was a little difficult I must say) and made the ten minuet drive to work where I am a nanny. Any one who has ever worked with kids knows that it is just about impossible to do your job without some form of media, but I braved the challenge anyway. I avoided turning on movies and instead the kids mom put on some music for them to listen to. I think that her turning it on may have saved my day. It was a time when I did not have the control over what was going on and just had to go with the flow. I worked from eight in the morning until five forty five that evening so that took up a great big hunk of my day. But once I got home is when the real challenge started! As soon as I walked in the front door my brother was on the computer and my parents were watching T.V. I just avoided it was best I could and then about on hour later we all went to a family Christmas party where there was some music playing softly in the background. We all ended up playing Pictionary which was a really fun change of pace. My family really tried to honor that I could not indulge in media centered things like normal. After the night was over we went home where I did a quick overview on my laptop of this assignment and some other homework that I need to tackle this weekend and then I got ready for bed. After that I settled in and read for a little while and then turned out the light. Though the day was not all that hard there were times when I felt like I was being grounded! Now that was weird! Well I will go now and try to full in the rest of day two with a little bit of reading! Goodnight!

No comments: