Saturday, December 6, 2008

This is harder than I thought!

My whole routine has been messed up. I woke up late because I knew my day was going to be totally different. I made my breakfast and coffee without the noise from the T.V. that is usually just background noise anyways.I cleaned my apartment to pass the time and even managed to put together my Christmas tree and put up decorations. Later, my friend picked me up for lunch, radio blaring. I had to tell him about the project in which he obliged and turned it off. At times, the silence was golden. The calm of the road and the insane amount of traffic on 1604 was no match to my relaxed state of mind. As the day progressed, things didn't seem to be so easy. We made the mistake of going to the La Cantera mall. The bustle of traffic was enough to make me mad! We hurried out of there to pick up my car from the shop that was finished. I knew this much because I HAD TO answer my phone. Driving home in my car on 410, on Friday, in 5 o'clock traffic was the last place on earth I wanted to be. Since my car isn't 100% every squeal, and clink and driving me crazy! I found myself growing increasingly unstable as traffic grew worse. I have to admit that more than once, unconsciously I turned the radio on. This calmed me down tremendously. I never realized how much the radio can change the way I feel when I am stressed. After I got home I changed and started to head to the gym. I changed my mind and went to the park for a run instead. The gym is filled with T.V.s, and a cardio theater room at Gold's Gym that keeps me on the treadmill. I'm glad I decided to go to the park because it was such a nice day. My run, however, was cut short because I was bored! No I pod changed my grove that I usually get in. On the way home I thought about what I was going to do once I got there. Laundry was an option, but not a fun one. How would I pass the time waiting for it to wash and dry? A nap seemed like the best option. Sleeping after a long boring day hit the spot. After my two hour nap, I had to get ready for work. Once I got there, I was bombarded with T.V.'s, and a bumping juke box. Sweet relief. I have to admit the day was a bit stressful. Things like my cell phone are controlling my life and in a way its a little sad. What did I do before the days of a cell phone? I think I am just one of those people that loves noise and needs it on all the time. Either its hearing myself talk or the radio I love my media and miss it dearly. . .

No comments: