Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day two.... lord

Mike Garza
Media deprivation day two
So day two is over, thank God. This has been an interesting experiment. I’ve done stuff somewhat similar to this when I’ve gone camping in Colorado. But, this is a little harder because I’m surrounded by all of my shiny electronics. The day starts about the same as Friday. A text message starts my day around 9. I’m feeling a little better in the morning, but everyone around me seems to be getting sicker. After some breakfast, I begin to do some studying for finals. I end up reading more of my engineering book than normal. It was actually really useful. Now that I’ve slowed down, I realize I’m really neglecting the reading for my classes. So after reading about circuit design, and how to calculate voltage/ current drops, I get ready to get out of the house for a while. I had some Christmas shopping to get out of the way, and really I need something to do. I ran to a few places and picked up a few things. I’m really just trying to kill some time. A couple of people call me, and I have to admit I did have a few conversations. It’s really impossible to say “hey shut up I can’t talk to you right now.” Plus it’s Saturday and I need to see what going on tonight. Later I meet up with my girlfriend and we grab some late lunch. We do some running around for a while, and end up at the house. She of course kicks on the TV, and later my Xbox 360. So after semi watching TV and some side line instructions on how to play Halo 3., we leave. We end up looking for a place to hang out, but also watch the Spurs game. I was trying to not cheat, but I didn’t want to be the guy killing the evening. So we ended up at this place had a few drinks and watched the game. After a few hours I remember eating, but it was somewhat hazy. Frankly being out and about made this experiment livable. So its Sunday the television is on, the cowboys are on and emails are plentiful. I feel pretty sick, Im not sure if its from the evening, or if I wasn’t completely well. I did learn a few things during this time. I really waste a lot of time on the internet or in front of the TV/ Xbox. Though having none of those things were killing me, I think I could get away with less of them.

No comments: