Monday, December 8, 2008

A Busy Friday

To prepare for my nightmare of a weekend of media deprivation, I spent all of Thursday night on the internet. I'd have to say I was on from about 10 PM until 2 in the morning. It was as though I had to say goodbye to all of my online buddies or at least explain to them why I wouldn't be responding for a couple of days. I answered emails, commented on my myspace and facebook, shopped a little, and did research on some songs that I'd have to sing the next day. I woke up at 9 am the next morning and rushed out to my car to make it to work on time. Of course, as soon as I started my engine, one of my favorite songs came on that I'd been playing on my cd the night before. That was my first taste of being self disciplined. I immediately pushed the button to turn off the radio and sighed. I usually jam my favorite music in the mornings on my way to work. I'll listen to a little bit of cumbia or my rock en espanol CDs to pump me up, and I don't turn it off until I'm ready to lock the car doors. Not only did I not get to listen to my morning music, but my eyes were bloodshot red and tired from being on the computer that whole night before. Thank goodness for Macy's wonderful music! At this time of year it's nothing but Christmas music, so yeah, I'm being a little sarcastic. The day was busy with tons of shoppers, of course I was unable to carry my cell on me, so I left it in my purse. It was the hardest thing to not want to run over to my bag and text somebody about how long my day was going to be. My cousin came to see me and on our way to the Nordstrom's Bistro, in my car, i explained to her that I was sorry that we couldn't listen to the radio. She asked why, and I told her because my new boyfriend won't let me. She gave me this killer look and said, "Why not?!" I laughed and proceeded to explain to her that I was just kidding that it was part of our last project for my media class. She thought it was a crazy idea as she texted away on her sidekick the whole dinner. On the way home, there was a major traffic jam on I10 thanks to an accident. I thought, boy, if I couldn't listen to the radio, I would have known it was coming! Fortunately, I found a faster way home, and quickly got dressed for my show at 8:30PM. I explained to my boyfriend on the way to the dance that I couldn't listen to the radio, so he laughed, but respected it, and we spent the whole ride over there talking about our day. The hall, itself had a DJ who played some fun music for my ears, and the performance was a success. I sang about ten songs, and danced my feet sore. After the show, we decided to hit up Cabo since we were already dressed up, so I got my hip hop and bachata fix there. All in all, Friday night was fun, and the media deprivation didn't concern me too much because it was such a busy day.

No comments: